Thursday, October 1, 2009

Working on things...!

I will be having a booth at Holly Fest at Sanderson High School Dec 5-6 to sell the jewelry, jewelry bags and cards from Newezekana. Since it's two days, I'm hoping my wonderful children will help me out, since they can both give first hand accounts of Ray of Hope, Uganda, and our experiences and mission. I got some display fixtures at A&B Store Fixtures yesterday, so I'm all set!

Still researching shipping to Uganda. Air freight is $10 per POUND. So that's not a very economical way to ship clothing! I have two leads in California, companies who ship donated medical supplies around the world, so I'm hoping I can *maybe* piggy back some boxes with them. If not, I will need another option... a row boat?! It would, actually, be cheaper to fly back and pay for extra luggage than ship it at these prices! *now there's a thought...*

I will be updating the website with photos of items you can receive with a donation to Ten Eighteen: necklaces, earrings, bracelets, etc. I'd also LOVE to get my Artist Auction site up before holiday shopping begins. I'm not sure if that will happen or not, but I have a little time! If I can make it easier to accept donations online, that would be worth the effort!

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, and for your encouraging comments on Facebook about the pictures. We rely on you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment