Thursday, March 18, 2010

3/8/10 - Big rain!



BIG storm in the early morning, so things got wet way into the great room... But the house and furnishings are set up for this, since there isn't glass in the windows! However, it did force my quiet time into my room, since everything I usually sit on was wet!

Today was one of those days where EVERYTHING takes forever, and it is stressful! The girls get back from Rwanda tonight, and we leave for Jinja in the morning, so I am trying to take it all in stride. We sat on the side of Entebbe Road for a half hour while Suzanne talked to Eric (still in the Ukraine) and I did get some pictures as life passed me by. One boy, looked to be about 9, walked by us, then we moved a bit to get into shade, and he walked by again. He had one of those huge canvas bags on his head - they are about 4' long, and used for carrying anything loose. It looked heavy... Makes me sad.

We still haven't gone to Oweno market... and from all the stories I keep hearing, I'm not sure that I want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment