Saturday, November 7, 2009

Lighthouse tonight!


I'll be headed out in a couple of hours for the Lighthouse homeschool meeting. Everything is packed - since we just left it in the Suburban after FZWC. :o) I'm excited to meet new people, and share all that's going on in Uganda (well... all that I know of! LOL).

One of my favorite books is The Last Battle, the last of the Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis. In it, the last battle of Narnia takes place as the Narnians fight both an enemy within and an enemy that is invited to infiltrate and enslave the people. The last king of Narnia, Tirian, does all he can to rally the faithful Narnians to his side, but it is a losing battle, and one to the death. But as it turns out, it is not just the end of Narnia, it is the end of that world, and Aslan returns. When Tirian first meets him face to face, Aslan says "Well done, last of the king of Narnia..." (Mt 25:23) It always, always brings tears to my eyes. How I long for Jesus to say to me one day, "Well done!"

No comments:

Post a Comment