* Plentiful, stable, electricity for all.
* Clean running water that can be drunk from any faucet anywhere.
* Toilets with sewers or septic.
* Air conditioning and heat.
* Well maintained, open roads where people drive in their own lane, obey stop signs and traffic lights, and stay more than an inch or two from your vehicle.
* Exhaust systems on vehicles, especially those in front of you!
* Police officers who don't stop you for a bribe because they need tea, but who do their sworn duty to protect and defend.
* The best medical care in the world.
My son's hospital room at IHK - they were nice and he got well, but it wasn't at all modern.
* Having more than one pair of shoes, especially when doing sports.
* Proper handling of meat for sale.
* Babies not left to die.
Are you feeling like your life is too hard these days? A lot of people are, I know. And compared with what you've been used to, it might be. But take a few minutes, just these few, to get a little perspective. We are so blessed here... Beyond the imagining of the people in these photographs. That is enough to feel thankful for.