Saturday, September 11, 2010

The benefits of a bad back...

Kids in Namuwongo
I have been meaning to update the blog and website since returning last month, but life has been as life always is in the States, and I haven't spent the time. Also, my web hosting site has made "improvements" that have made working on the website a serious challenge. But, in an effort to see the silver lining, having had quite severe back pain lately, and spending the day on the couch, I have been productive and gotten the website all updated! (I'm very proud of myself for persisting, because it was not fun...) I am debating putting a store on the site to take donations for sponsorships and other things - thoughts anybody?

So actual updates...

I will be doing several craft fairs with the Ugandan handcrafts this fall, including Holly Days at Sanderson High School, the Fall Festival at Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church, and the craft fair at Wakefield High School (pending acceptance). We have several parties pending also - and would love to add more! (Tuesdays are ideal for me, but I'm flexible!) Oh, and I'm doing an open house at my mom's in Florida on October 9th. I would love to speak at your youth group, Bible study, women's group, or church (or anywhere else!), just let me know.

We are wiring $7,000 to Arise Africa next week to start on the primary school! That is really awesome - only $193,000 left to go. haha... Seriously, Father gave me the idea for the school, and it was confirmed on several occasions, so I'm trusting HIM for money.

We are also wiring money to Hospice Jinja for two community day cares a month for the remainder of 2010. This is a great outreach for the patients, and Ryan was especially keen on supporting and expanding the program to reach more patients.

An update on our university student, who Ten Eighteen is sponsoring for all his ancillary needs - there was a strike at Makerere University for a couple of weeks at the start of the term, so he (and the rest of the student body) lost some time. However they are back in class now, so I expect he is doing well and adjusting. It is a phenomenal opportunity for him - his mother lives in the slums and is a member of Nawezakana. I will post his letter here - I think it is important for you all to know how so little can so change a person's life forever.

May God richly bless you for all your thoughts, prayers, encouragements and donations! Thank you so much...

Jennings (and Ryan, and Zeke)

No comments:

Post a Comment