Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Where is the time going??


I apologize for my sporadic updates! I was able to have a 40 min phone conversation with Suzanne last week - and have just discovered a new AT&T wireless plan that will save me $1/minute, which I will get on right away! - and we've had some long email conversations. Life is moving swiftly these days!

Newezekana had their Christmas party today. Suzanne said everyone had a wonderful time, all "our" ladies (Agnus, Caroline, Miriam, Emily and Joanne), and she was able to give them all a bonus of 20,000 shillings each, for which they were immensely grateful. We are working on Ten Eighteen's 2010 support commitments, and I should have the here in the next week or so.

Nesco was taken on an outing yesterday to an amusement park called Didi's World... when they got there, the park, which is NEVER closed, even on holidays, had been leased by some British group for exams (how strange is that!) for 2 days. The children were SOOOO disappointed! They went back to Nesco and had food and a big party, and once the kids found out they were getting another chance at Didi's World next week AND the big party, they were happier!

I'm working on the music for the benefit concert, and welcome anyone who might have something to contribute for the silent auction to let me know! I'm excited about it, and hope to have the "bones" of the event done before 1/1/10.

I think that's it for now! Blessings all - and remember why we are celebrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment