Sunday, December 6, 2009

Holly Days and Christmas!


I'm sorry I haven't been updating the blog of late - as we all know, life happens, and often! But I do thank you for your prayers and support!

I am at Holly Days at Sanderson HS all weekend. Yesterday we received $726 in donations!! It was very exciting - since the average donation was $12-15, and about 50% of the folks that strolled by and talked made a donation, that means that I was able to share Uganda and Father's precious children there with over 100 people. It was amazing... especially on a cold rainy day. Today has dawned bright, clear and cold, so I'm hoping for another great day.

I can't remember if I've posted about our next trip - Zeke and I will be leaving March 1, 2010, and returning March 15. The itinerary is going to be physically challenging, but since we discovered we can't sleep on the planes anyway, we might as well just GET THERE and then crash. We will be taking an extra suitcase each full of the clothing you have all donated, and bringing back jewelry and other handcrafts.

Page Colson, who is a missionary from TN that is living at Fathers House for 2 years, took back a large extra suitcase full of kids clothes for Ray of Hope and Nesco last week, after her 5 week visit home. I think we'll be able to send a suitcase full in January, as well. So if you still have clothing, we're happy to take it! Remember: No short skirts or short for girls; no military themed clothing; no skulls! And if you can clean everything before packing, that's awesome.

Hmmm... what else?! When we are there in March Suzanne and I will be visiting Hospice Jinja, while Zeke goes to a school in Jinja with some of the older kids. I get some updates from Daniel Situka from time to time about patients at the hospice... it is just heart breaking. Pray that we can truly share Father's love, and the saving grace of Jesus, while we are there!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all, and may your Christmas season be full of Him for Whom you are celebrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment